Functional Safety: SIL Allocation and Verification (Live)
Dates: To be defined
Time: To be defined
Place: To be defined
+ The applicable standards in Functional Safety
+ The different methods for SIL allocation of SIS protections
+ The SIS components per the SIL required
Instructor-led training course
Downloadable study notes
Solved case studies
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’s):
How can I enroll in this course?
To enroll in this course you have to follow the below steps:
- Click on “Add to cart”
- Complete the purchase process using the payment options available.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- On the call date, start training your skills!
Can I register and pay for a live course for a 3rd party/more than one person?
To enroll a 3rd party/more than one person you have to follow the below steps:
- Change the number of products of your cart (1 by default):
a. Change the number of products before clicking on “Add to Cart”.
b. Directly on the cart screen, there is a button where you can increase or decrease the amount of products to buy.
- State the Name and Surname of the participants in the observations field when completing the purchase.
Are there discounts for groups/companies?
Yes! Contact us indicating your needs and we will find the most convenient alternative for you.
Terms and conditions
An applicant who withdraws from the course 2 working days or less prior to the course start date will entitle ARVENG to retain 10% of the tuition fee as an administration fee. Once the course has started, no refund will be made.
All ARVENG courses are subject to possible changes of dates that will be communicated as soon as possible. ARVENG is not responsible for the expenses incurred for travel-related contracts (hotels and flights), so we recommend that they are not made well in advance and if they are made, they should be contracted with cancellation or change insurance.
Get a discount for early payment if you register 15 days before the start of the course, write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will inform you how to proceed.
The course follows the “learning through experience” methodology. A series of discussions, individual exercises and simplified case studies provide practical knowledge to implement in the field. With the help of the Study Notes and with the assistance of the instructor, participants will gradually progress through the course.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for graduates (or soon to be), designers, freelancers, technicians and engineers involved in: calculation, design, selection, manufacturing, safety, quality and maintenance of systems and equipment in industrial processes.
Previous knowledge of this subject is not required to attend to the course.
The main objective of this course is to transfer to participants the theoretical and practical skills required in projects, obtained from experience and sound engineering practices.
What to expect?
- Analyze applicable standards in Functional Safety.
- Understand the need of analyzing the Process Risks.
- To analyze possible protection layers and the feasibility for the existing ones.
- To apply different methods for SIL allocation of SIS protections.
- Understand safety parameters provided by manufacturers.
- Select the SIS components per the SIL required.
- To develop the SIL Verification calculations and to know its implications in the Safety System design.
CONTENTS AND STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE: 24 HS
Safety Life Cycle
esson][stm_course_lesson icon="fas fa-bookmark" badge="activity" title="Risk Analysis"]
Analysis of Consequences
Probability of Occurrence
Calibrated Risk Chart
LOPA (Layer of Protection Analysis)
EXAMPLE OF A CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY ARVENG:
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION!
Please send us your query and we will reply as soon as possible.